Howdy from Texas

All new members can introduce herself/himself here.
Forum rules
Please put in the following information:
* Name
* City/Country

* Introduction

Please do not post your email address here!

Howdy from Texas

Postby stillwill » July 31st, 2019, 12:20 am

Hello all! I've been visiting (lurking) for a couple of years and I thought I'd make it official.
I am Will from Salado, Texas, USA and I caught the AV bug in 2015. How? I bought a pretty plant at the market and enjoyed it, but it died! I decided to learn more so they could live longer, and I'm still trying.

I've enjoyed seeing the photos and reading the posts on your forum. Your group is very knowledgable. I search here often for more about some of the European / Russian / Ukrainian varieties. I am switching to minis and semi-minis because the standards get too big for my space.

Thank you for allowing me to join!
stillwill

Re: Howdy from Texas

Postby Basti30 » July 31st, 2019, 11:51 pm

Hello Welcome to us to the respective varieties you can find here a lot :) and on the subject of care there are always new tips and advice :)
Basti30

{ IMAGES }: 0

Postby stillwill » August 1st, 2019, 12:19 am

Thank you!
stillwill

Postby Gabi_Munich » August 1st, 2019, 10:50 pm

Welcome Will, hope you enjoy the forum!

Happy growing,
Gabi
Gabi_Munich
Senior

{ IMAGES }: 9

Postby illustrator » August 1st, 2019, 10:53 pm

I agree that standards can get pretty big. I have two S. rupicola (wild "species" violets) which are still more or less single crown plants and are at the moment a little over 40 cm in diameter :)

It is not all about numbers though. Just a few plants can be just as valuable as hundreds of plants. It is what you like and can take care of in a good way. For me, I found that a too big collection is a recipe for plant-epidemics and die-offs.
Paul Veenvliet
illustrator

{ IMAGES }: 56

Return to Introduction